What are Slaask commands?
Slaask commands are created by Slaask, and can be used in any Slack channel created by Slaask (those marked Slaask-channel, as well as channels starting with “s-”). They are messages that begin with a exclamation mark followed by a command. They can be used to interact with the different Slaask features within Slack. For example, you can use the command “!info” to access useful information about a lead or a customer you are chatting with. When you type !here, you can get your lead/customer presence (Present or Absent). (More information:https://slaask.com/commands)
How to use Slaask commands to turn on/off your live chat
To use the Slaask commands so that your widget corresponds to your online presence, simply type the Slaask command “!on” or “!off” in a channel named “slaask-channel,” which you can find from your channel list, to turn your Slaask live chat widget “on” or “off”. (You can also use the commands “!on” or “!off” in any visitor channel (channels beginning with “s-”).
In short, there are 3 ways to manage your live chat status:
- Scheduling your live chat. (Managing your business’s status with scheduling)
- Using command !on or !off.
- Automatically detecting a team member’s presence (available for Slaask clients who subscribe to the Growth plan or Premium plan).
If you want to turn your live chat off, regardless of how it was turned on, you can do so using one of these three ways.
However, if you want to turn your live chat on, you'll have to do so in the same way you turned it off.
- My live chat was automatically turned on this morning following the schedule I set. However, after one hour, I want to turn my live chat off. I can either change the settings on the schedule page, directly use the command !off in the Slaask channel, or ask all my team members to log off, so the live chat can be turned off.
- I turned off my live chat using the command !off in the Slaask channel last night, so this morning, I want to turn my live chat on. I can ONLY use the command !on to turn the live chat on.
Tip: You may notice that you are also able to turn on or turn off your live chat widget from your Slaask account -> Personalization -> Customize -> Turn on/off my widget. However, this functionality is no different than if you use the commands “!on” and “!off,” so you can regard them as the same.