By using Slaask, your live chat's language setting will automatically adjust to the language setting of your visitor's web browser (if you enable this feature).
In most cases, the language setting on your visitor's web browser will be in line with the language they are expecting to see. Moreover, since Slaask detects the language via the language setting of the web browser, it's more accurate than simply using the visitor's IP address.
Which languages does Slaask support?
Currently, Slaask supports 25 languages covering around 95% of the languages used over the web. Here are the languages that Slaask natively covers:
- English (United States)
- French (France)
- German (Germany)
- German (Switzerland)
- Spanish (Spain)
- Catalan (Catalan)
- Dutch (The Netherlands)
- Dutch (Belgium)
- Portuguese (Portugal)
- Portuguese (Brazil)
- Italy (Italian)
- Polish (Poland)
- Russian (Russia)
- Turkish (Turkey)
- Finnish (Finland)
- Japanese (Japan)
- Simplified Chinese (China)
- Traditional Chinese (Taiwan)
- Macedonian (Macedonia)
- Croatian (Croatia)
- Swedish (Sweden)
- Arabic (Persian)
- Urkrainian (Urkaine)
- Thai (Thailand)
- Norwegian (Bokmål) (Norway)
Slaask offers a great translation for each of these languages. Regardless, you can still edit or overwrite the translations yourself to meet any particular need you may have.
For your information, we absolutely do not use Google Translate or any other type of automatic translation software to translate your Slaask live chat texts. We work on a daily basis with native speakers for every language we cover in order to give your live chat service, and company as a whole, the best image possible.
By the way, if your language is not covered and you would like it to be, keep in mind that you can translate it at any time and provide us with the translation! It would be a real pleasure for us to integrate it for you to better serve your leads and customers!
Why should I use this feature?
- Use only one live chat for your multilingual website—super convenient!
- Provide your leads and customers a better experience by communicating with them in their own language. It is proven that speaking to your lead or customer in their native language produces the best results for conversion, retention, and overall satisfaction.
- Avoid the need to arrange several widgets.
- Avoid translating everything yourself (but you can still edit any language anytime in order to truly comply with your company's branding).
How to configure your languages?
- Sign in at slaask.com.
- Select “Personalization” on the left panel.
- Click “Customize,” then the “Multilingual” tab.
- Enable/Disable the languages you use on your multilingual website by clicking on ON/OFF.
- Use the default translations or modify them according to your needs.
- If you want to modify a specific language, simply click the language name or the flag.
A few things you should know:
- If you delete any sentence in any language, the default translation will be displayed.
- If you delete any sentence in any language and if you also add a "space", then nothing will appear.
- You can enjoy the multilingual feature from the Growth plan and up.