We've all heard how important it is to make a good first impression, and this principle holds true not only in face-to-face encounters, but in online interactions as well. When you send a welcome message off to your leads, you're making a first impression on behalf of your brand, as you only get one chance to make a good first impression.
So, it is imperative for you to start the visit off right for your leads with a good welcome message.
What is a welcome message?
For Slaask, a welcome message is a message that can be defined to greet your visitors, also giving them some value. It pops up on your website and/or displays at the top of your live chat.
- When it pops up on your website, it might look like this:
- When it shows up at the top of your live chat, it might look like this:
Why should I use a welcome message?
- welcome your leads and customers
- pitch your company's business in one sentence
- engage your leads and customers
- be friendly and human
- focus your leads and customer's attention on the fact that you are providing live chat services while they are browsing your site
How to set a welcome message:
Before setting your welcome message, we recommend you create a short (under 150 characters) and clear message Careful! Explicit's first connotation is "vulgar"! ;) as your welcome message, which will help your leads and customers quickly understand what this welcome message is for.
- To show the welcome message at the top of your live chat:
- Sign in at slaask.com.
- Select “Personalization” on the left panel.
- Click “Customize your widget name” and choose the “Offline” tab.
- Fill in the field “Greeting”.
- Using “insert”, you can insert links, images, code, videos, visitor attributes, etc. in your welcome message if you would like.
- To configure the details of the welcome message beyond the default settings:
- After completing the above settings, go to the “General” tab.
- Configure “Show welcome bubble to visitors?”, the default setting is “Yes”, which means the welcome message will pop up on your website. You can select “No” if you don’t want the welcome message to pop up.
- Configure “Time before welcome bubble is displayed (seconds)”, the default time is three seconds. You can modify this is setting if you feel like another time length is more suitable.
- Configure “Time welcome bubble is displayed (seconds)”, the default time is five seconds, which is not too long or short for your leads and customers to read the message. If your welcome message is long, you can add more time.