When using the command “/giphy” from Slack in one of your Slaask conversations with a lead or customer, the animated gif published on Slack will also be visible to your lead or customer through live chat.
How to use Giphy with Slaask:
- Go to the Slack App Directory and search for “Giphy”.
- Click “Install”, and then click “Add Giphy integration”.
- Select “G - General Audiences” and click on “Save integration”.
- Log into Slack.
- When you are in a visitor channel (i.e.: #s-alex-lew), type the Slack command “/giphy your-keyword”.
- “Your-keyword” being any keyword you want (i.e.: “/giphy thanks”, “/giphy great”, “/giphy amazing”, etc).
- Then, simply push “enter” to send! :D
What is Giphy?
GIPHY is an online database and search engine that allows users to search for and share animated GIF files.
What should I know about using Giphy with Slaask?
Be aware that the animated GIF displayed will be related to your keyword, but you never know exactly which GIF will pop up. Before pushing any GIFs to your leads or customers, we recommend your team pre-select one to ten great GIFs/keywords in line with your business.
Why should I use animated GIFs with Slaask?
Do you want to add some fun to your conversations? Animated GIFs are a great way for you to convey real emotion (and humor!) to your leads and customers. They will make your conversations more personal and at the same time help you communicate emotion.
According to Giphy’s CEO Alex Chung, a picture may be worth a thousand words but as “the average GIF contains sixty frames, then they’re capable of conveying 60,000 words – the same as the average novel.” Haha.