What is Zapier?
Zapier is an online automation tool that connects your favorite apps, such as Slaask, to your CRM, ticketing system, and all the apps you can dream of.
With Zapier, you can connect Slaask to any app of your choice to automate repetitive tasks without coding.
What are Zapier "triggers"?
Zapier "triggers" answer the question: what events can my users listen for with Zapier?
They are things like:
- New contact (ex. Highrise or Salesforce)
- New email (ex. Gmail or IMAP)
- New issue (ex. GitHub or Pivotal Tracker)
You can think of a trigger as a GET or read. It allows Zapier to receive your Slaask account data. (Please refer to the article: Triggers)
What are Zapier "actions"?
Actions answer the question: what should my users be able to create with Zapier? They are things like:
- Create to do tasks (ex. Basecamp)
- Create chat messages (ex. Campfire or Hipchat)
- Create issues (ex. GitHub or Pivotal Tracker)
You can think of actions as POSTs, writes, or the creation of a resource. It allows Zapier to send your Slaask account data. (Please refer to the article: Actions)
Why should I use Zapier with Slaask?
- You can connect to any CRM system you use, let’s say Salesforce CRM, Hubspot CRM, Nimble, Pipedrive, Zoho CRM, PipelineDeals, Salesnet, Contactually, Workbooks, or Prophet CRM to Slaask using Zapier.
- You can connect any ticketing system, like Zendesk Help Desk, Freshdesk, OsTicket, OTRS, HESK, Simple Ticket, Spiceworks, Request Tracker, or eTicket to Slaask using Zapier.
- You can connect any other apps you want to Slaask using Zapier, such as Mailchimp, GitHub, Dropbox, Gmail, Twitter, etc.
How to connect Slaask with Zapier:
1. Log into your Zapier account.
2. Select the section “Zaps” and click on the orange button “MAKE A ZAP!”.
3. Click “Choose App” under the “TRIGGER” section, and search for “Slaask."
4. Choose Slaask, and then select “New conversation” or “End conversation,” according to your needs.
5. Click “connect a new account" and enter your Slaask widget secret key." (You can find your Slaask widget secret key in your Slaask account -> Integrations.)
6. Test your Slaask trigger (trigger here means “Zapier trigger”) by fetching an existing conversation.
7. Once a trigger has been activated, a number of actions can be selected to respond.
8. At the upper right-hand corner of the page, you can see, “YOUR ZAP IS ON/OFF," turn the toggle on/off to enable/disable the zap.
Side note: Careful! “Trigger” in Slaask and “Trigger” in Zapier are totally different things.
“Trigger” in Slaask is a feature that Slaask users can use to push any messages to any group of leads/customers. (Please refer to the article: Triggering any messages to any group of leads/customers)