What is an archived channel on Slack?
Archiving a channel removes it from the list of active channels on your Slack. Though the channel is no longer open for future activity, the history is stored for easy browsing and searching.
When a channel is archived:
- It will be closed for all team members who had the channel open.
- All team members can still browse the channel's entire history at any time.
- Messages from the archived channel will still appear in search results.
What is a Slaask channel in the context of Slack channels?
Slaask channels are channels created by Slaask and used for chatting with your visitors/clients via your Slack platform.
How are Slaask channels archived?
When inactive, Slaask channels are automatically archived after they have been closed by Slaask's smart algorithm. On top of that, you can also close them manually at any time by typing the command !close in the Slaask channel you'd like to close.
When a channel is closed, it is archived by Slack.
How to make Slaask work with archived channels?
Slaask does not work by default with archived channels, but you can change this.
It is very simple to make Slaask work with archived channels. You just have to follow these steps:
1. Search for the archived channel on your Slack platform.
2. Click “Jump” to go to the channel
3. Then, click on the button “Channel Settings” located in the upper right-hand corner and select “Un-archive.”
4. Click “Join Channel.”
5. Click “Channel Settings” again, and select “Invite team members to join.”
6. Invite “Slaask” (and if needed, any team members you'd like to join the channel). It's by inviting “Slaask” to join the channel that you’ll get back all of Slaask's capabilities within the concerned Slack channel.