Offline mode is one of 2 Slaask modes (off/on). Offline mode is really dedicated to situations where no one on your team is available to chat with your leads/customers.
With offline mode, the widget is still available to your leads and customers, but once opened, can show a specific message and a simple form, asking for an email address and a message/request.
Online mode is one of 2 Slaask modes (off/on). Online mode is really dedicated to situations where your team is available to chat with your leads/customers.
With online mode, communication from your visitors funnels directly into Slack.
This mode is how your leads/customers can directly reach your team, ask questions and get instant replies.
How can you control your live chat status?
In short, your live chat status is defined in 3 different ways:
- Scheduling your live chat. (Managing your business’s status with scheduling)
- Using command !on or !off. (Managing your team’s availability for live chat using Slaask commands)
- Automatically detecting a team member’s presence. (Available for Slaask clients who subscribe to the Growth plan or Premium plan)
If you want to turn your live chat off, regardless of how it was turned on, you can do so using one of these three ways.
However, if you want to turn your live chat on, you'll have to do so in the same way you turned it off.
- My live chat was automatically turned on this morning following the schedule I set. However, after one hour, I want to turn my live chat off. I can either change the settings on the schedule page, directly use the command !off in the Slaask channel, or ask all my team members to log off, so the live chat can be turned off.
- I turned off my live chat using the command !off in the Slaask channel last night, so this morning, I want to turn my live chat on. I can ONLY use the command !on to turn the live chat on.
Offline mode and offline notifications
When your Slaask livechat is offline and when one of your leads/customers uses it to share their needs with your team, your team can be notified in 2 different ways:
- In your company mailbox
- On your ticketing system (recommended option). Why should I use a ticketing system email address?
This can be configured by going to your Slaask account ->Personalization -> Customize your widget's name -> Offline -> “Which email address should Slaask send your messages to when your livechat is offline? (It can be a ticketing system email address).”