To complete this process, you'll need access to your website source code, be comfortable editing HTML (or have a webmaster/developer who can help you), and have a Slaask account already set up.
To add the Slaask code to your site:
1. Find your Slaask code snippet.
Sign in to your Slaask account.
Once you are connected to your Slaask account on slaask.com, click on "Personalization" on your left sidebar.
The code contains a unique Slaask key that corresponds to one of your Slaask widgets. You can't reuse the same code snippet on multiple domains.
Here is a Slaask code snippet example:
In this example, the unique Slaask key is blurred.
2. Copy your Slaask code snippet.
Copy the snippet. Don’t edit your snippet. Just copy it. You might want to paste it into a text document if you’re worried about accidentally losing or changing the snippet from your clipboard.
3. Paste your Slaask snippet.
Paste your snippet (unaltered, in its entirety) onto every web page that will provide the Slaask customer service app to your visitors. We recommend you paste it immediately before the closing </body> tag.
If you use templates to generate dynamic pages for your site (if you use PHP, ASP, or a similar technology), you can paste the Slaask code snippet into its own file, then include it in your page header.
For developers: here are the Slaask Github and the tech doc for more resources about the Slaask code snippets.
4. Verify that it is working as expected.
Once you uploaded your website code (including the Slaask snippet):
- Go on your website as a visitor, and the Slaask widget should appear in the bottom right-hand corner of your website.
- Click on it and type something (such as: "Hey! Do you read me?").
- In a new tab, open your Slack app (exactly the same way you do when you are using Slack for other purposes). You should find your message in your Slack app.
- If you can see your message in a channel, it means that your Slaask integration is working like a charm! Congratulations! Otherwise, if you followed this process and it isn't working, please contact us so that we can help you through the process.