Slaask, the customer service app for all Slack users, is proud to be in the first batch of companies in the world to use the ‘Slack Message Menus’ to provide a unique ‘canned responses’ feature.
The Slack Message Menus provide the next step in app interactivity on Slack. They allow users to quickly select from a list of options. Read the explanations below to learn how Slaask uses the ‘Slack Message Menus’ to deliver a unique ‘canned responses’ feature.
What are canned responses?
Canned responses are quick and conveniently predetermined responses to common questions.
For example, if a lead or a customer asks you to explain your pricing, rather than typing in all the details, you may choose the appropriate, predetermined responses, which gets inserted directly into the conversation.
With canned responses, your team will become more productive and your leads or customers will receive a more carefully crafted answer.
How to use Canned responses from Slack
As soon as your company’s canned responses are defined from your Slaask account (learn more), it is very easy for your team to push any canned response they want to your leads or customers from Slack.
- Just type ‘!responses’ in any Slaask channel (channels beginning with ‘#s-’).
- You will then get a dropdown menu, including all canned responses of your company.
- Click on the canned response that you want to push to your lead or customer.
- The canned response will appear in your Slack.
- Click the ‘Send’ button to push it to your lead or customer.
- Then, it’s all automatic. The canned response will magically appear as something you said in your customer conversation. To your customer, it would be as if you just typed everything yourself, and the fact that it is a ‘canned response’ will be completely transparent for them.
How Canned responses look like from Slack?
How to edit a canned response before posting it?
Follow these steps to edit or customize a canned response before posting it to your lead or customer:
- Choose and click on a canned response in the dropdown menu.
- The canned response you chose will appear in your Slack.
- Avoid clicking on the ‘Send’ button in this case.
- Just copy the canned response and paste it in the Slack text form field.
- Edit it directly in the Slack text form field.
- Send it as you would normally send any other message.
For more information on how to quickly post a canned response, please refer to this article.