When a lead or a customer initiates a new conversation, some or all of your team members are invited to respond.
You can choose one of two methods for automatically assigning new conversations to your team members: from your Slaask account -> Personalization -> Customize your widget -> Automatic chat dispatching.
Assign a group of team members to a conversation
Once the automatic chat dispatching feature has been enabled, the lead or customer will be able to define the nature of their need (i.e.: tech ; non tech, etc.) right before they initiate a live chat.
Once the lead or customer has defined the nature of their need, all team members assigned to this need nature will be able to see the conversation and participate in it if they wish or are free to.
Assign a single team member to a conversation
After selecting the group, you may wish to assign only one team member to a conversation.
If you have chosen to assign new conversations to the most available group member, only one member who meets the following three conditions will be selected to participate in the conversation:
- They are in the appropriate group/department. (By using automatic chat dispatching)
- They are online and logged into Slack (unless “Automatically turn your widget offline when everyone in your team is away on Slack” has been disabled on the widget) as well as Slaask. (Setting up Slaask scheduling for each team member)
- They are handling the fewest number of conversations at that moment.
If there are two or more team members who all meet the three conditions, then Slaask will select a team member at random to make sure the process is balanced and that every team member has an opportunity to participate.
To assign a single team member to a conversation:
- You need to define a maximum number of conversations that each of your team members can participate in simultaneously. In other words, you can define a maximum number of “concurrent chats” per team member. (Please refer to "Defining a maximum number of “concurrent chats” for each team member".)
- If everyone on your team has exceeded their maximum simultaneous chat limit, then a unique smart “wait list system” designed by Slaask will be applied to the leads and customers who initiate a conversation. (Please refer to "Understanding the “waiting line” system".)